What is TAS Alumni?
Anyone who studies at TAS for one semester or more is automatically a member of TAS Alumni.
This network provides a forums for TAS Alumni to maintain and reconnect their links with TAS and with each other.
Amongst the pathways proposed for the alumni are;-
- an annual publication
- regular e-newsletters, and
- interaction on social media
As a former student of TAS, we hope you will take a few moments to complete the "ALUMNI UPDATE & FEEDBACK FORM
Your response is vital in helping to plan future alumni events, activities, services and publications.
If you can spare some time to help TAS students get ahead in their careers, or speak to prospective students at education fairs we would love to hear from you.
There are a number of ways to assist and contribute towards empowering school leavers with the right information to make well informed decisions on a career in the Oil and Gas industry.
The following have been identified as one of the many effective ways TAS Alumni can assist:-
- By giving a Testimonial
- By participating in Career Talks and Education Fairs.
As a former student of TAS, we hope you will take a few minutes to consider and respond to our request for a testimonial.
Your testimonial will be used as a reference with the aim of encouraging, motivating and possibly convincing prospective candidates / SPM and STPM school leavers who are interested in embarking on a career as an Engineering Operations Technician (OT) in the Oil and Gas industry. Many school leavers and students have little or no idea about potential careers as OTs in the Oil and Gas industry where currently there is a major shortage of manpower.
Your testimonial can be in one of the following or both:
- Video (preferred); and/or
- A written response.
Here is a guideline on what we would like to capture on VIDEO:-
- To speak in English / Bahasa Malaysia / mother tongue;
- To wear work attire e.g. coveralls etc;
- To state your name, where you are from;
- To mention qualifications achieved from TAS Institute on graduation e.g. BTEC Level 3 Advanced Diploma programme and which discipline;
- Where you are working now and a brief description of your job
- Whether the BTEC programme you studied had helped you in your current job;
- What positive impact it has had on your life, before and after TAS, and also an indication of remuneration received (per month / year) as additional information (optional);
- Words of encouragement and/or advice to prospective candidates / school leavers / students seeking entry to work in the Oil and Gas industry particularly as an Engineering Operations Technician (OT).
Please complete both the TAS ALUMNI UPDATE & FEEDBACK FORM
and return the same to:-
TAS Institute of Oil & Gas
Lot 5, Jalan 1 KKIP Timur, KKIP Commercial Zone 2,
88450 Kota Kinabalu
Attn: TAS Alumni Secretariat
Tel no.: 088-486758, 088-486759;
The information gathered will help the TAS Alumni Secretariat to introduce and develop a range of new alumni initiatives, activities and services. TAS will store this information on the alumni database and it will be processed in strict accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.